This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered or requested the goods and services that we provide.
Personal data includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back
to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us.
Common examples of the types of personal data which we may collect, and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, company name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address or company phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as your gender or marital status.
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal data including your:
- financial information – such as your bank account details;
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you order our goods or request our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, we may not be able to fulfill our obligations to you when you order our goods or request our services.
You may not access our website or order our goods or request our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal data or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
ON SUBMISSION OF AN ENQUIRY OR REGISTRATION
When you submit an enquiry, you will no longer be anonymous to us. This personal data may include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this personal data to fulfill your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
ON ORDER OR REQUEST
When you order our goods or request our services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods or services information).
You will provide us with personal data when you attend an event that we host.
For information on how we deal with cookies, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal data. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
We process the personal data of the following categories of people:
- customers or organisations,
- prospects or leads,
- recruiters and medical practitioners providing services related to employees,
- contractors, vendors, or suppliers,
- children and their guardians,
- debtors and creditors,
- dealers, and
- directors and shareholders.
We may use or process any goods or services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal data, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal data. We generally collect and process your personal data for various purposes, including:
- GOODS OR SERVICES PURPOSES – such as:
– collecting orders or requests for and providing our goods or services,
– managing our contracts with various data subjects,
– managing customer credit in general,
– processing customer requests or complaints,
– keeping our data subject records and information up to date,
– better understanding our data subject’s needs, and
– providing support to our customers.
- MARKETING PURPOSES – such as:
– marketing to customers,
– marketing to prospects, and
– running promotional competitions for business.
- BUSINESS PURPOSES – such as:
– managing employees in general,
– internal audit,
– accounting, and
– business planning and due diligence, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions.
- LEGAL PURPOSES – such as:
– handling claims and enforcing debts, and
– complying with regulations or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION
We will obtain your consent to collect personal data:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We may use your personal data to fulfill our obligations to you.
MESSAGES AND UPDATES
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. We may wish to provide you with information about new goods or services in which we think you may be interested. This means that in some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. We will not send you promotional messages unless you have chosen to opt-into them. But, we may send you one message asking you to opt-into promotional messages without you having opted-into promotional messages.
While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal data. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal data and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal data with any advertiser, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal data. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal data to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal data.
We may share your personal data with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- our goods or services providers under contract who help provide certain goods or services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods or services providers only use your information in connection with the goods or services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilize the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria); and
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal data as required by law or governmental audit.
- We may disclose personal data if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal data to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal data to our employees that require the personal data to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal data we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal data migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal data.
There is no such thing as ‘perfect security’. We have to compromise between increased levels of security and the convenience to you in transacting with us.
OUR SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
We take the security of personal data very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws by maintaining reasonable measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal data only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
OUR SECURITY DISCLAIMERS
Please note the following:
The third parties whose systems we link to are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on, or passing through the systems under their control.
We will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that our website and your information is not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites (addressed below).
If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by information you provided to us, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
You must only log in to your account from a page that begins with https://www.tenthousestructures.com/
We will try to keep the personal data we collect as accurate, current, complete, confidential and reliable for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal data on the website. You are able to review or update any personal data that we hold onto by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal data, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorized by law; or
you have consented to the retention of the record.
- During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal data.
We may retain your personal data in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
We may send your personal data outside of the country that we collected it in. Where we transfer your personal data to another country, we will only transfer the personal data to other countries who have similar privacy laws to the country we collected it in and that provide an adequate level of protection, or to recipients who can guarantee the protection of personal data to the same standard we must protect it.
REQUEST WHAT INFORMATION WE HOLD ON YOU
You may request access to your personal data to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold onto.
UPDATING OR REMOVING
You may choose to correct or update the personal data you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT OR OBJECTION TO PROCESSING
You may withdraw your consent where we are relying on consent as a lawful justification to process. You may also object to our processing where we are relying on another lawful justification for processing. Please note that if you do so, we might not be able to provide services to you.
We may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity for you to access these rights. This is to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to an unauthorized person.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.